ENVIRONMENTAL SOCIAL GOVERNANCE (ESG)
ORCODA is committed to the principles of ESG as an effective means of creating long-term value. We’ve commenced ESG disclosures of the Stakeholder Metrics of the World Economic Forum (WEF).
Our ESG disclosures are focused on people, planet, prosperity, and principles of governance.
By integrating ESG metrics into our business we consider all pertinent risks and opportunities in the running of our business. We continue to look for opportunities for further transparency on the topics which are material to our business. . The WEF Stakeholder Capitalism framework covers 21 core metrics (see below).
Managing Director of ORCODA, Geoff Jamieson:
“ORCODA is committed to building legitimate Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) credentials. We’ve commenced ESG reporting as a tangible first step in our ESG journey.
Our board greatly values ESG considerations. They enable us to better identify material risks and growth potential. Which leads to better-informed decisions and business outcomes. Equally, our commitment to ESG creates a consistent and measurable approach that helps us contribute to building a more prosperous and fulfilled society and a more sustainable relationship with our planet.
Socialsuite’s ESG Go is a best-in-class solution for leading companies to easily start ESG reporting. It offers a structured, standardised, and globally recognised solution. We find ESG Go excels in making the WEF framework accessible and operational. Using it to demonstrate our ESG performance against global standards, and share our journey of building robust ESG credentials.”
ORCODA can boast an early focus on vehicles with smaller carbon footprints and has achieved an excess of 40% reduction in carbon emissions over 5 years in one client case study, from using ORCODA Logistics Management Software (OLMS) to optimise fleet usage, increase utilisation and optimise vehicle routes. ESG is important to ORCODA because we recognise that the planet is our responsibility.
Our people and our values are the foundation on which we strive to deliver on our vision to develop transport solutions that empower the sustainable and connected Smart Cities of the future. We focus on social, workforce and local community ESG initiatives to have a positive impact on the communities in which we operate.
ORCODA is committed to high standards of corporate governance. The factors governing how ORCODA makes decisions, sets policy and allocates rights and responsibilities among different stakeholders are clearly set out in ORCODA‘s Corporate Governance documents. ORCODA‘s commitment to good governance practices provides a solid foundation for the ORCODA Board, management and employees to make sound decisions in the best interests of ORCODA and all its shareholders.
To track our disclosure progress and demonstrate our sustainability performance against the WEF framework, we’re utilising Socialsuite’s ESG Go. ESG Go enables us to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to ESG. It provides a dedicated solution to track, report, and share our ESG disclosures. With ESG Go we have started the journey of building robust ESG credentials.
While our business is creating inherent positive impact, the adoption of the WEF framework has already paid ESG dividends:
- ESG-inclusive Board Matrix
- Our software solutions are improving the sustainability of our clients. With one case reporting an excess of 40% reduction in CO2 emissions over a 5-year period.
- We’re proud to support not-for-profit organisations, such as Australian Community Transport Association (ACTA). Where our work improves the accessibility of services to disabled and aged care communities.
- We’re committed to positively effecting the local communities where we and our clients operate. ORCODA has sponsored:
- The 2022 Mansfield Hotel Tour in Mt Buller, Victoria
- The ORCODA Dragon Boat Crew in Brisbane, Queensland
- Football sponsorship for Classic Wallabies series at Beef Week in Rockhampton, Queensland
- We are committed to creating and ensuring a diverse work environment. In which everyone is treated fairly and with respect. A company where everyone feels responsible for the reputation and performance of ORCODA.